Obtain Solar Loan
A true Sri Lankan registered company under Sustainable Energy Authority of Sri Lanka
Vendors/service providers (applicant company), having capacity to deliver the complete package of services including survey, design, supply of equipment/materials, installation & commissioning and post installation back up support must register at the Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority to engage in Solar PV Roof Top installation in Sri Lanka. Please refer Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority website for the updated list of registered service providers.
Registered vendors may be asked to update and/or provide additional information that may be required for determining the vendor’s ability to participate in specific requests for proposals of major procurements, where additional qualification criteria specific to such projects would be required.
It is mandatory that vendors conform to the following;
- Vendor shall be registered as a company under the Companies Act No 7 of 2007;
- The vendor shall be registered as a solar PV service provider at Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority;
- The vendor shall provide the following minimum warranties;
- Solar PV panel – 10 years (manufacturer warranty);
- Inverter – 10 years (manufacturer warranty);
- Solar PV system – vendor warranty: mounting structure and wiring for 5 years; and
- Minimum performance – 20-year performance warranty that guarantees a maximum degradation will not exceed 2.5% in the first year, and 0.5-0.7%/yr thereafter
- PV panels and invertors of all systems installed by vendors shall consist of a valid certificate issued by Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority for warranty and quality standards;
- Vendors shall obtain comprehensive insurance cover for equipment damage and accidental workman compensation during installation; and
- Vendors shall have a regional office or an appointed agent acceptable to Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority, within the Province of each installation prior to undertaking an installation.
Further, it is preferred that:
- Vendor has a technical team with a;
- minimum of one Graduate Engineer, with minimum of 03 years of industrial experience or Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering at NVQ 6 level with 05 years of industrial experience of which 01 year in the solar industry; and
- minimum of 01 Technician, with NVQ 3 level or equivalent qualifications and with 03 years of industrial experience.
- Vendors past track record includes;
- A Positive Net Worth during the last financial year (audited);
- A minimum of 20 rooftop solar installations during the last two years; and
- A minimum cumulative capacity of 150 kW of rooftop solar installations during the last two years.
The recommended guidelines for solar PV roof top Vendors/Service Providers is detailed in Section 1, Annex1-I of this manual.
The following sub-projects are eligible under the Project.
- Residential rooftop: solar PV system installed on an existing permanent residential building rooftop
- Commercial-scale rooftop: solar PV systems installed on an existing permanent commercial- scale building rooftop
Capacity limitations under the Projects are as follows.
- Maximum solar power generation capacity installed on rooftop shall not exceed 50 kW
- Single sub-borrower may apply for multiple subprojects subject to a maximum cumulative capacity of 50 kW
ADB funding for subprojects are available as detailed below.
- Upto 100% of the subprojects cost for residential rooftop subprojects with a subproject cost not exceeding LKR 1.5 million
- Upto 80% of the subproject cost for, residential subprojects with a subproject cost exceeding LKR 1.5 million and all commercial rooftop subprojects
Tenor of the sub-loan shall be subject to the following
- Repayment period shall not exceed 10 years
- There shall be no grace period for residential rooftop subprojects
- Commercial-scale rooftop subprojects may have a grace period not exceeding 6 months within the repayment period of 10 years
Sub-borrower should be the owner of the permanent residential/commercial-scale building proposed to be used to install the solar PV system
Please contact the nearest branch of any of the following banks to obtain a loan
Please contact the nearest branch of any of the following banks to obtain a insurance
This is Your Turn to Go Solar & Join the Mission of Sooryabala Sangramaya
“Sooryabala Sangraamaya” Battle of Solar Energy is a government program to power up the country with renewable energy up to a 50%, by year 2025.
All Sri Lankan energy consumers are invited to develop solar power plants & feed the national grid at an attractive benefit scheme.
The government is ready set off your electricity bill or to buy total energy yield at a very attractive price scheme. This process will be backed by a Twenty Year power purchase agreement signed with the utility provider, CEB or LECO.
Being a key stake holder in this program, Genso Solar is ready to support you in solar installation and project approvals.
We are the authorized distributor, service, and resell partner in Sri Lanka. We provide service and technical support to our network of resellers on the Sri Lankan market, with focus on channel service and market development. Our value added resellers are authorized to sell the products we offer. With great knowledge of the products are trusted partners to any Sri Lankan customers.